Cochin cancer society does numerous activities to help the needy people with cancer. These include:
- Support the financially needy patients by bearing a portion or total of their treatment cost.
- Provide free home stay, food and transport to needy patients.
- Provide food on daily basis to needy patients at Welcare hospital which is the partnering hospital of CCS.
- Conduct breast cancer screening camps on a routine basis through its mobile mammogram unit which is staffed by Drs and their assistants who visit distant areas to identify women who are at risk.
- Support the education of the children of needy people diagnosed with cancer.
- Conduct annual patient get together programs for cancer winners (“Communion” for adults and “Kalikkootam” for children).
- Public awareness activities on Cancer.
To continuously carry out the above activities with high standards we require volunteers who can spare their precious time and also donors who can monetarily support CCS activities.
As a volunteer you can serve in the following ways:
- Undergo training with CCS and teach self breast examination techniques to the women group in your locality.
- Join hands on 31st May - "No Tobacco Day", to educate public regarding harmful effects of tobacco by help distributing pamphlets, putting up standees in public places including malls.
- You can speak to tobacco users and check if they need support to quit smoking. You can let us know, we can arrange for a classroom session.
- Participate in breast cancer month (Pink October) activities - like cycling / walkathon etc.to enhance public awareness about breast cancer.
Your monetary support will be of great help to Cochin Cancer Society to continue all the above patient and public centric activities and maintain quality standards at all times. Your support will also enable us to introduce newer services as and when the need arises to give better care to patients.
“Little drops make an ocean” is a program by which you can make a difference in the life of a cancer patient.
Cochin Cancer Society
A/C no: 10447803880, SBI, Palarivattom Branch, Kochi-682025
Your contribution is tax exempted. IT Exemption No. 80G No. CIT/CHN/12A/80G/56/2006-07
Look forward to your support to strengthen fight against cancer